- To promote the concept of Fairtrade and increase the availability of Fairtrade products within Winchester City.
- To raise awareness of the FAIRTRADE Mark.
- Having achieved Fairtrade City Status for Winchester, by meeting the Fairtrade Foundation’s five criteria for a Fairtrade Town, to ensure continued commitment to maintain the accreditation.
- To encourage workplaces, schools, universities and places of worship to work to promote and use Fairtrade products.
- To extend accreditation to the whole of the Winchester City Council area through the activity of supporters in the various parts of the area.
- To relate the principles of Fairtrade to local supply and sustainability.
In order to achieve the above objectives, the Network will:
- Organise special events for Fairtrade Fortnight in February/March each year.
- Be responsible for an annual or biennial assessment to monitor whether the area is continuing to meet the five goals of a Fairtrade Town.
- Organise other events to increase public awareness of and participation in Fairtrade, particularly in relation to an Annual General Meeting.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the local press and other media to ensure that the campaign retains a high profile.
- Work in conjunction with other groups, and particularly with Winchester’s Fairtrade University.
- Carry out other activities in accordance with the objectives
There is no formal membership structure. All individuals and representatives of local organisations, especially those who have expressed a commitment to promoting the objectives of Winchester City Fairtrade Network, will be welcome to attend meetings, and all known to be so interested will be kept informed of activities.
Current Executive Members
The Network currently consists of seven executive members who organise events and work towards making Winchester truly deserving of it status. The network also includes individual and corporate members who have expressed a commitment to promoting the objectives of the Winchester City Fairtrade Network.
All members present at General Meetings have the right to be involved with all decision-making on policy issues and have voting rights. The Annual General Meeting each autumn will elect a Chair and other officers as appropriate. The Chair and Officers form the Executive:
Contact the Fairtrade team via firstname.lastname@example.org